What do you get when you throw in
1. 30 years of experience
2. 325 rooms – 321 club rooms and 4 suites (business, junior, diplomatic & presidential)
3. Three Restaurants – The Crockpot which is buffet styled, The Italian restaurant and the pool bar restaurant.
4. An English styled pub which is known as the Goodies bar
5. A swimming pool
6. A tennis court
7. A fitness centre
8. A salon
9. A golf training range
10. A computer section
11. Meeting rooms
Sheraton Lagos Hotel!!
My earliest memory of this hotel is coming here as a child with my family for their buffet. It used to be awesome!!
This 5 star hotel has the advantage of being about 15 mins from the airport. This usually makes it a likely option for those who don’t want to be far away, can afford it or are SPG members.
Because of its age, a renovation is definitely a welcome idea (thank God one is currently going on, and hopefully every section is touched). The age of the hotel and building aside, they aren’t doing too badly with their facilities as they try to make sure they keep everything fresh and modern like other hotels out there.
I also like that they take the whole ‘a home away from home’ saying seriously. These guys try to provide everything you need/want as long as it’s within their power, so that’s a plus.
I got two people who visited recently to weigh in on what they thought about the food and the rooms.
My friend said
‘It was nice. The room was cozy and better than I thought it would look. It had that homely feel, with the wooden floors and the office table. The service was good too. However I didn’t eat so I don’t know if the food is nice‘
My brother said
‘The food was good. The ribs were very succulent and tasty. Also eating at the restaurant by the pool proved to be a wonderful experience with the cool air and aesthetically appealing atmosphere.’
I also think it’s good for hanging out with friends, getting a drink or have a meal. Private meetings can also be held in the comfort of the lobby if you want.
If you’re lucky, and also a fan, you’ll spot Olamide at the pool bar. My brother saw him the other day and rumour has it that he’s there a lot. It’s also not a bad place for lovers of live music/high life. Every Friday at the pool bar they make that happen.
You can visit their website here, see some pictures of Koko the Elephant checking the place out, and some useful information below.
Address – 30 Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja Lagos. Tel – 01-2800100
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Check in – 3PM, Check out -1PM
2. Parking is available and it is free
3. Walk in guests are welcome.
4. Cash & Cards are accepted. ATMs are also available in the lobby.
5. 24 hour room service is included.
6. All reservations can be made by phone or online.
7. Room rates start from about N60, 000 ($301, 193GBP, 274EUR)
8. Gym membership – for a year it costs N200,000 ($1000/891EUR/657GBP) but if you just want to do a walk in it will cost N3,000 ($15/13EUR/10GBP) and this is the same for the swimming pool. To use the tennis court it would cost N2,000 ($10/9EUR/7GBP)