Are Staycations the New Vacations?
Staycations are such great way to explore your city/country without the hassle of trying to save for an expensive trip out of town. Simply put a staycation is a vacation spent in one’s home country exploring tourist attractions or at a resort.
Staycations are becoming increasingly popular as they are easier to plan, easier on the pockets, create new experiences and also make your regular ordinary day in your country different.
They’re also a great way to get away from the hassle of your everyday from going to work to sitting in that horrid Lagos traffic. In fact it could be the perfect opportunity to run away from your spouse or kids (I kid).
Most times, the most important part of the staycation is actually spending a few nights out of your own home. Exploring is secondary.
If you’re wondering where you can find staycation locations in Nigeria, here are our top picks.
- Casa Nomads – This fresh new 3 bedroom air bnb in Lagos everything you want your air bnb to be. Standing out from the legions of air bnbs we have in Lagos, it’s stylishly and tastefully decorated with sprinklings of artsy vibes. It has a bit of African theming to it so you remember exactly where you are. Located in lekki, it’s the perfect getaway spot for you.
- Lakowe Lakes – This golf country club is the perfect place for a retreat. Location in the Ibeju Lekki environs, this lake offers golfing facilities, 1-2 bedroom lofts/cottages, movies under the stars and more. All you need to do is get yourself there and enjoy everything the facilities have to offer.
- Porto Golf Resort – Heading to Kano? This is the place to stay. From horse rides to kayaking, there’s something for everyone. It is definitely an oasis in the north and honestly even if you don’t take part in any activities in the property or town, staying in your room is good enough and you’ll come out feeling absolutely refreshed.
- Abraka Turf – Abraka Turf is such a delight. This country club is the best getaway and is a must visit. While there, you can explore River Ethiope and its source (did you know River Ethiope is Africa’s deepest in land waterway), the beach, Nana’s living museum and so much more. Wondering where it is? Look no further thank Delta State.
- Ibom hotel & Golf Resort – Formerly known as Le Meridien Golf Resort, Ibom it’s commonly referred to as the pride of Uyo. Even foreigners have been known to come from far and wide to experience the hospitality they have to offer. You don’t even have to leave the resort to go exploring. There’s a lot to discover while you’re there.
- Hi-Impact Planet – Does this sound weird? It shouldn’t. People go to Disneyland and stay over so they don’t miss a minute of the magic. Hi – impact planet offers you the same. This amusement park offer you accommodation so you don’t have to rush off. It’s a great way to spend a staycation with the kids.
And there you have it folks. The next time you’re thinking of where to quickly dash off to in Nigeria, why not try these out.
More importantly, what are your thoughts on staycations? Are they here to stay or just a fad?
LINK UP WITH US ON FACEBOOK, SHADOW US ON INSTAGRAM, BANTER WITH US ON TWITTER & WATCH US ON YOUTUBE
*originally written for Tush Magazine